Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Update & Prayer Requests...

Hey all!

I know it's been forever since I've been on here. I'll try to give a whirlwind update of the year and go more in depth next week when I have a little time off! LOL In general, here's what's been up this year:

As far as family...
  • Mom & Aaron still in the same jobs, though Aaron is looking to move elsewhere.
  • My step-brother, Brandan, was deployed in September with the Marines to Iraq and will return in April.
  • My aunt's cancer returned (I think I mentioned this one in my last post...)
Stuff I've been up to...
  • Still working full-time at Eli Lilly, and just finished a night class to get my biology major back (I was one class short of the double chem-biol major when I graduated)
  • This year, have traveled to Mexico, Washington DC, and - after Christmas - to IHOP in Kansas City!
  • With the switchover in our church ministries (described in earlier posts), I've been involved in the prayer ministry now more than anything. Even my burden for missions seems to be on hold as prayer has been my biggest concern.
  • Photography jobs are picking up a bit, and I have my own little studio in my living room now! LOL
  • I'm no longer playing in the band at SUMC, but have still had opportunites to do worship & stuff (like this upcoming Friday!!!)
  • And yes, shockingly enough, at the beginning of the year I ended my nearly 6-year dating fast. Still waiting on the Lord in this area, though.
Ok, so you should all be up to date now! LOL If you think of it please keep in prayer this next Friday, the 19th. We are holding an 8-hour overnight prayer vigil, and I can't wait to see what God has in store! I'll be leading one of the worship sets and some of the prayers, so please pray that God will use this little life to glorify Him. Also, pray for a guard against distraction, as I know that this meeting will be the last time I'm going to get to see a very good friend who's moving away... Most of all, PRAY for REVIVAL in this land!!! I'll try to give details on Saturday if I'm awake! LOL

Joel 2:12-17 (NIV)

"Even now," declares the LORD,
"return to me with all your heart,
with fasting and weeping and mourning."

Rend your heart and not your garments.
Return to the LORD your God,
for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
and he relents from sending calamity.

Who knows? He may turn and have pity
and leave behind a blessing—
grain offerings and drink offerings
for the LORD your God.

Blow the trumpet in Zion,
declare a holy fast,
call a sacred assembly.

Gather the people,
consecrate the assembly; bring together the elders,
gather the children, those nursing at the breast.
Let the bridegroom leave his room and the bride her chamber.

Let the priests, who minister before the LORD, weep between the temple porch and the altar. Let them say, "Spare your people, O LORD.
Do not make your inheritance an object of scorn, a byword among the nations.
Why should they say among the peoples, 'Where is their God?'

No comments: