Sunday, June 15, 2008

Worth It

So, at our prayer meeting on Friday, for once I had no words to speak. However, in about 10 minutes I wrote this song... still working on a melody, but here's the words thus far...

"Worth It"

You said whoever loves his life
Will lose it
Those who will leave it all
Will live
But how can I walk away from all I've known?

You said to love You is to
Forsake all else
In following we must take up
Our cross
Yet now I'm left feeling all alone

I don't understand Your ways
I'm in the dark these days
But I believe You are good
And because You're here
It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it

Lord give me the faith to believe
All You promised is true
That even if I must leave it all behind
All that I need is You

"My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer." - Psalm 45:1 (NIV)

No comments: